Tuesday, July 23, 2013

What's For Lunch? Red Spaghetti with Butter and Cheese!

 
I have a playdate scheduled next time that is all about spaghetti and one of the things I am making is Rainbow Colored Spaghetti. For lunch today, I figured I would try it out, but to keep it simple, I only did one color. When my water came to a boil, I added salt and the spaghetti, as I always do, and then squeezed in 10 or so drops of red food coloring. I strained my pasta and served it up with some butter and parmesan cheese. My kids got a kick out of it! They are going to love it when I make the rainbow pasta! Next time, I think I will add a bit more food coloring to make the colors bolder.

2 comments:

  1. Fun! My kids would love it since it looks like brains :) They are obsessed with zombies right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does look a like brains! My kids were on a zombie kick a few months ago too! That's boys for you ;-)

      Delete