Friday, July 26, 2013

Make Your Own Laundry Stain Remover!

 
Making your own laundry detergent seems to be the craze lately.  I have all of the ingredients I need, I just haven't gotten around to it yet. Part of the reason that it is not top priority is that I have like six more bottles of laundry detergent on reserve. Last night, I ran out of stain remover-- in a house of all males, stain remover is a necessity. I decided to search for a recipe to make my own on Pinterest. I found one that I had everything that I needed to make it. All I needed was an empty spray bottle, some blue Dawn dish soap and hydrogen peroxide. I mixed 1 part of Dawn to 2 parts hydrogen peroxide in the spray bottle. I sprayed it on the stain, saturating the area, and let it sit for a few minutes and threw it in the washing machine. This stain remover works great! It got all of my stains out, even some that were old! Try it for yourself!

2 comments:

  1. I need to make some of that when my current stain remover runs out! We use quite a lot of that stuff too...lol with a toddler who gets sudden ideas like "I wonder what will happen if I put a prune in my skirt pocket?" I guess we're bound to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this easy stain remover recipe! Can't wait to make some!

    ReplyDelete