Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Keep Strawberries and Other Berries Fresher Longer!!

 
To keep your strawberries and other berries fresh longer in the refrigerator, use 1 Part White Vinegar to 10 Parts Water. Soak the berries
in the vinegar/water mixture for a few minutes. Then drain the berries in a colander until they are completely dry. Place berries in an uncovered bowl in the refrigerator. The vinegar/water mixture kills any mold spores on the strawberries and keeps them fresh longer. The vinegar does not affect the taste. This works for all kinds of berries like strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries.
Try it for yourself and see how much longer your berries last!

4 comments:

  1. Could this work potentially for other fruits like grapes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure.... I'll have to research that!

      Delete
  2. I do this in the summer when I always have a ton of berries :) Great advice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great advice that I've never heard before! I hate it when berries only last for a day or two. I will definitely try it!

    Tanja (tanchyka from swapbot)

    ReplyDelete