Sunday, March 30, 2014

DIY Easter Tree

This year, I decided that I wanted to make a small Easter Tree. I picked up some cute little egg ornaments from the Dollar Tree to decorate it with, all I needed was tree...  My original plan was to use a dead tree branch from outside and possibly spray paint it white.
 

Then my son and I went to Target and came across this little tree.
They wanted $10 for this little thing!
There was NO way I was paying $10 for it, I decided to make my own version of it.
I made it with items that I had on hand, it didn't cost me a penny to make it!
 
 
My husband is a bit obsessed with tie wire and seems to have an endless supply, so I used it to form my tree.

 
I wrapped it top to bottom with yarn.
I used white yarn for the majority of the tree and then wrapped the ends in different colors.
 
 
When I finished wrapping it in yarn, which took a very long time, I put it in a little tin Easter bucket. I topped it off with some jelly beans and added my egg ornaments.
My little tree is all ready for Easter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment