Thursday, April 18, 2013

Make Hard Boiled Eggs in the Oven!

My kids and my husband love hard boiled eggs. My oldest and my husband pack their lunch everyday and the love when I throw in an egg or two for them. I don't mind the process of hard boiling eggs, but I cannot stand the smell! One of my biggest pet peeves is when my house smells like food-- you know what I mean, when you fry something and your house smells like grease for days or in this case when you hard boil eggs and the house smells like stinky eggs (stinky eggs is putting it politely ;-)). I tried hard boiling the eggs in the oven and I will never do it any other way again!! It is super easy and there is NO smell, which is huge for me! The eggs peel easy and the yolk stays bright yellow, not that greenish color you get when you hard boil them on the stove. All you need is your oven, a pan, and eggs.
Here's how I did it:

 
I put the eggs in a mini muffin tin, you could use a regular muffin tin or even a baking sheet. I prefer the mini muffin tin because the eggs fit perfectly.

 
Bake them at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

 
As soon as the 30 minutes is up, put the eggs in an ice bath to stop the cooking process.

 
They are that easy to make and look at how yellow the yolk is!
 

2 comments:

  1. In a million years I never would've thought of this. Definitely need to try it--my little girl wants boiled eggs all the time but goes bananas about having to wait for them to cook. This way I could do up a bunch at once and have them ready :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They will love them this way! They are so easy to make and they even taste better!!

      Delete