Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Wooden Butter for a Play Kitchen

My youngest is dying for a play kitchen. He had one a few years ago, but I got rid of it when he no longer played with it. With all of the cooking and baking we have done, it seems to have renewed his interest. We have decided to get him one for Christmas, I actually bought a used one off of my friend. It is an awesome wooden kitchen, he is going to be so excited when he sees it. I am not a big fan of the cheap plastic play food, I prefer the wooden and felt food. The wooden and felt food seems to hold up a lot better. To go along with the kitchen, I have decided to make him a set of felt food. When I was at the craft store picking up some felt, I came across these little wooden tiles.
 
 
I thought they were the perfect size to make little wooden slabs of butter. For just over $1, I decided to grab them.
 
 
I painted them with a few coats of yellow acrylic paint....

 
Now he'll have 5 little slices of butter to add to his play food, they will go perfectly with the wooden stick of butter that he already has.
I can't wait till Christmas, he is going to be ecstatic when he sees his kitchen and all his new play food!
 
 
If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment