Monday, November 4, 2013

The Very Hungry Caterpillar Literacy Basket

 
The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle is one of our favorite books. I fell in love with I the first time I read it so many years ago. My little guy shares the same love for the book, so I decided to put together a literacy basket for it.
It is loaded with a bunch of activities, story retelling cards, and props that go along with the book.
 

This is one of my favorite activities, it is a great activity to help with retelling the story, plus it is absolutely adorable! It is definitely my son's favorite activity
 
 
 
It is a sock puppet with all of the pieces of food that the caterpillar eats through. The pieces of food were all cut out of felt.
 
 
My son loves his peg butterfly that I made using a doll clothespin, felt, and paint. 
 
 
I added this story retelling activity that I made awhile back, you can check it out here.

 
This is another set of retelling cards that I printed out.

 
Along with some other items, there is this set to teach the life cycle of a butterfly hands on.
 
 
Here's a look at all of the contents in our literacy basket. This basket of goodies takes The Very Hungry Caterpillar to a whole new level of fun! 
 
 

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

3 comments:

  1. Loved this share, must pass it on :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it and thanks for passing it on!

      Delete
  2. Is there anyway that I can get the patterns for all these activities, I work with preschoolers, and my grandchildren also love this book. Thought it would make great gifts for them and for me to have at school. email it ashlandbackyardrabbitry@yahoo.com

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete