Sunday, November 10, 2013

Pumpkin Pancakes

I made Pumpkin Pancakes for our Pumpkin Potluck the other night. I love adding fruits and vegetables to dishes that are not normally real nutritious, which is one of the reasons why I love this potluck. I love it for other reasons too-- I LOVE pumpkin and I love to experiment and try new recipes and concoctions.  I figured that pancakes are very kid friendly, so Pumpkin Pancakes would be a great way to introduce the kids to pumpkin. The pancakes were delicious and big hit with the kids (and the mom's). The pumpkin taste is just right, not overpowering or overwhelming.
I will be making these again Thanksgiving morning.
 

Pumpkin Pancakes

Ingredients

  • 1 cup pumpkin puree (I use canned)
  • 1 3/4 cups milk
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 2 cups all purpose flour
  • 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt

Instructions

In a large bowl, combine the milk, pumpkin, egg, and oil. In another bowl, mix together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and spices. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Stir until combined, do not over mix.
 
Heat a lightly greased griddle or skillet over medium-high heat. Pour batter into small circles on the pan and allow each pancake to cook for 1-2 minutes per side, or until golden brown on each side. Serve the pancakes warm with maple syrup.

 
If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment