Sunday, June 30, 2013

Under the Sea Felt Fish Tank



This was our summer project last year, we just set it up again and are planning to continue to add to  it this summer. We started out with a few felt fish that we made and added a new fish, plant, or sea animal each week. It was a family project, the kids picked out a fish, my husband or I made the fish out of felt and then we learned a little bit about the fish before we added it to out felt tank. So far, we have a shark, angel fish, parrot fish, octopus, clown fish, lobster, sting ray, blue crab, sea turtle, sea horse, whale, and some others. This was a fun and educational project, my kids are looking forward to adding to it again, as am I. This also goes well with our Under the Water tote that I am putting together for July.

4 comments:

  1. Neat! Felt activities are definitely on my To-Do list for when I have kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This came out so cute! I need to make a felt board, yours look so nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The felt board was so easy to make, we made 5 off them total, 3 for Christmas gifts last year. All you need is a cork board or a large picture frame and felt. For my felt board, I picked up a huge cork board for $10 from Wal-Mart. The others I made were smaller and most used things that I already had.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love to craft and create with my kiddos. This seems like a very fun activity.

    ~j3ss1ca (Swap-Bot: Gain exposure to your blog)

    ReplyDelete