Saturday, June 1, 2013

Tweet Tweet-- Birds Sensory Tub

 
In order to convince my son to get out of the heat and come inside and enjoy the air conditioning, I told him that I would put together his Bird Sensory Tote. A few months ago I participated in a swap with a group of women to create the perfect bird themed sensory tub. I ended up holding off on putting this one together because we had so many set up. For those of you that do not  know what a sensory tub/tote is, it is a tub or a bin that you fill up with various items to let your child be hands-on. Sensory activities provide children with another meaningful avenue of learning. There are handmade birds, bird houses, a wooden cutout of a bird cage, a bird bath, owls, bird eggs, birds toob, nests, feathers, and more. My filler is colored rice because I forgot to pick up bird seed, otherwise it would have been bird seed. My son is enjoying this-- all you hear is TWEET TWEET!

Check out our spring sensory tub and our butterfly sensory tub too!

1 comment:

  1. Very cool idea for the little ones, Magena. Hope you'll follow on mine as I am on yours. I have both these same follow gadgets too. Following on both.

    Coleen
    (coleenfranks)
    S-B,"Gaining exposure..."

    ReplyDelete