Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches-- SO GOOD!!


I love when a meal tastes like I've been cooking all day, especially when I wasn't. The only thing that was working in the kitchen all day was my slow cooker and the end result was amazing!! I received this recipe in a recipe swap I participated in a few months ago. I have been dying to make it and finally got around to making it today. Everyone in my house was VERY happy, it was absolutely delicious!! I spent no more than 10 minutes preparing everything before it went into the slow cooker and only about 10 minutes afterward. I let it cook for 7 hours and  believe me, I was counting down the minutes until it was done! The aroma of it cooking made my mouth water!

Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches

Ingredients:

  • 3 pounds beef chuck roast
  • 1 medium yellow onion
  • 3/4 cup beef broth
  • 1/4 cup soy sauce
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tablespoon mustard
  • 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped or minced
  • 6-8 steak rolls
  • 6-8 slices provolone cheese (We prefer 2 slices per sandwich)

Instructions:

Slice onions, keeping rings intact. Layer in the bottom of your slow cooker.
Add broth, sauces, water, mustard, and garlic.

 

Season your meat with salt and pepper. Brown the sides on high in a frying pain to sear in the flavor. *You can skip this step if desired, but I prefer to brown it.
Add the meat to the slow cooker, cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours.
Shred the meat using two forks.
Serve the meat on the steak rolls and top with provolone cheese.  Serve the Au jus on the side for dipping.
*I put the cheese on the steak rolls and toasted them lightly to warm the bread and melt the cheese.

 
My husband preferred to have his as an open faced sandwich! Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment