Tuesday, February 11, 2014

White Chocolate Valentine's Popcorn

My son and I had so much fun making this colorful and delicious White Chocolate Valentine's Day Popcorn for a Valentine's Day party that we are attending tomorrow. We also made some for him to give out to his friends. It was quick and easy to make and he had a blast doing it (although, I think he enjoyed sampling it over and over again more!)!
 
 
 After our popcorn cooled, I broke the popcorn up and put it into cupcake wrappers.
 
 
The cupcake wrappers added a festive glare and they served up individual servings, which limits little fingers from touching it all. With 20 kids under the age of 5 running around, every little bit helps!!
 
 
 We also put some in decorative Valentine's goodie bags to give out to friends for Valentine's Day.
 
 

 

White Chocolate Valentine's Popcorn

Ingredients

  • 16 ounces white chocolate
  • 4 bags popped microwave popcorn (feel free to pop your own)
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • sprinkles and/or non perils
  •  conversation hearts (optional but  cute add for Valentine's Day)

Directions:

Heat white chocolate in the microwave or a double boiler until melted. I melted my chocolate in the microwave in less than 2 minutes.
Place the popcorn in a large bowl, and pour the melted chocolate over it. Use a spoon to toss the popcorn gently until it is evenly coated with the white chocolate. Spread the popcorn out evenly on a baking sheet covered with wax paper. Sprinkle evenly with the salt, then sprinkle with sprinkles, non perils, and conversation hearts.
Let cool for 15 minutes or until the chocolate has hardened. Break up into small pieces then serve or store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.


 
 
If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

8 comments:

  1. I love popcorn with complex flavors and I am sure I'd enjoy this one...any recipe you followed?...putting them in cupcake wrappers was a genius move..it makes everything look so fancy!

    -tonewadventures on Swap-Bot for Follow me #23

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My recipe is above. I did see a similar one, it is so basic because it is really just melted white chocolate and then you add whatever you like. The salt is very important, it helps offset the sweetness!

      Delete
    2. This recipe is really good too! http://childrenatplay2.blogspot.com/2013/07/microwave-marshmallow-caramel-popcorn.html

      Delete
  2. Mmm! My husband would probably like these as he LOVES popcorn lol

    -Zefaniya (Follow me #23)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's another one for him! Marshmallow Caramel Popcorn!http://childrenatplay2.blogspot.com/2013/07/microwave-marshmallow-caramel-popcorn.html

      Delete
  3. Looks sooo yummy! I would probably omit the candy hearts though (never been a fan of those) lol. :)
    - Holly Follow me #23

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely could have done without them, but they are always a big hit with the kids. I just picked around them ;) lol

      Delete
  4. Yum! This is a really cute idea that you could change up for any holiday! We've got some leftover hearts---maybe I should make the kids a "late batch". :)

    lostinavalon
    Follow me #23 on SwapBot

    ReplyDelete