Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Pretty Fabric Wreath for Valentine's Day


I learned how to make these simple, but pretty wreaths years ago when I was in high school.
Since then, I have made a bunch of them, some for gifts and many for myself. I made some for Christmas, Winter, Fall/Thanksgiving, and now one for Valentine's Day.

To make your own, all you need is some coordinating fabric of your choice,  floral pins, and a hay wreath of your choice. You will need shears or another method to cut the fabric into 2 in. x 2 in. squares, I think it is easiest to use my rotary cutter.


Feed one side of a floral pin in and out of the edge of a fabric square, continue until you do this all the way around the square.

 This is what it should look like when you are finished.

 Push the floral pin all the way into the wreath.
Repeat the process until the wreath is covered and full.

 If you decided to use multiple fabrics, like I did for this wreath, be sure to mix them up sporadically so that they blend in with each other and almost form a pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment