Saturday, February 1, 2014

Pretty DIY Heart Garland for Valentine's Day

This year, I am having my son's birthday party a few days  before Valentine's Day and I have been busy, busy, busy with preparations for it, so I am a little pressed for time when it comes to making Valentine's Day decorations. I have been trying to come up with a few ways to make some simple decorations that are both fast and easy to make and can be thrown up and taken down easily. 
This Valentine's Day garland that I made out of heart doilies, fits the bill.



Not only does this garland look pretty with the sunlight shinning through it, but it was so simple and inexpensive to make. 


As soon as I saw these doilies in the Dollar Tree, I knew I wanted to make garland out of it.
With 30 hearts for a dollar, you can make a lot of garland!


I cut a piece of white yarn a little bit longer than the length  that I wanted the garland to be and then fed it through the holes in the heart doilies. I then used the extra yarn on the ends to hang it up.
Simple and easy, I even got to catch up on one of my shows while I made it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment