Friday, January 24, 2014

Dinosaur Jars

 
For the last two weeks, I have been planning and working on my son's 5th DINO-Mite birthday party. To be honest, I think I am more excited than he is! I love the dinosaur theme, there is so much that you can do with it. I made these simple, inexpensive dinosaur jars for each of the kids to take home. They were so quick and easy to make! I used baby food jars that I had left over from a playdate that I hosted in December, some left over spray paint from various different projects that I have made over the last few months, and some small plastic dinosaurs that I picked up in the dollar store(a 10 pack for $1.00). I used  razor to scrape off the wrappers and glue that was on the baby food jars. I removed the lids and spray painted them. Then, I glued the plastic dinosaurs on top of the lids with my hot glue gun. I decided to fill the jars with jelly beans since they look like little dinosaur eggs plus they are very inexpensive and can be found year round unlike other little egg shaped candies.
 
I think they came out adorable! The will add a nice touch to the tables and the party, as well as being an extra goodie for the kids to take home!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment