Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Easy No Sew Play Donuts Made From Men's Dollar Store Socks

I don't know about your children, but mine can never seem to have enough play food. I recently started sewing and making some play food out of felt. The food comes out super cute, but is time consuming. I LOVE these donuts because I was able to make 2 in less then 10 minutes and they only cost me $1 for the pair. I do enjoy sewing, but let's face it, I am a glue gun girl at heart.
I picked up a pair of brown men's dress socks from the dollar store, took out my shears, and heated my glue gun up.
 
 
I cut the band off of the top of the sock... 
 

 
and the bottom of the sock off.
 
 
 
Then roll it up, starting from the bottom of the sock.
 
 
Glue the ends in place with the hot glue gun.
 
If you desire, you can even add some felt icing! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment